Virginia AFL-CIO Statement on Justice for George Floyd and Our Response to the Events of the Past Few Days01 Jun, 2020 Read More > Virginia AFL-CIO Statement on Justice for George Floyd and Our Response to the Events of the Past Few Days
VIRGINIA AFL-CIO: VIRGINIA WORKERS – THERE’S STRENGTH IN NUMBERS06 Nov, 2019
(Richmond, VA –November 6th) The Virginia AFL-CIO would like to congratulate all the union-endorsed candidates who won elections across the Commonwealth.
AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
In The News
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Railroad Industry Worker Stories: Justin Ratcliffe of BRS -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: UVC Celebrates PACT Act Signing, Commits to Help Veterans Receive Support -
- Every Worker Deserves a Union: In the States Roundup -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Secretary-Treasurer Fred Redmond Rallies Union Members at Canvass Kickoff in Las Vegas -
- The Inflation Reduction Act Is a Victory for Working People -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: CHIPS Act Includes Critical ‘Worker Voice’ Provisions -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Late Night Comedian Jimmy Fallon Meets UAW Members at Ford Electric Vehicle Plant -
- Fulfilling Our Promise to Veterans: The Working People Weekly List -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Unions Power America Sweepstakes Launching Aug. 10, With $50,000 Grand Prize -
- Economy Gains 528,000 Jobs in July; Unemployment Down to 3.5% -